Flying taxi has always been visualized as the future of public transport. Over the years, they have been depicted in movies, novels, and comic books. Flying taxis are often seen as vehicles only feasible in fantasies and science fiction.
Now, there’s a real discovery.
In September 2019, a flying taxi was pulled over by police during the tests along River Seine in Paris. The electric vehicle is developed by French startup Seabubbles who claim the vehicle produces “no noise, no waves, and no pollution.”
Interestingly, the River police stopped insisting it was going too fast. The Co-founder of Seabubbles, Anders Bringdal said the call was simply covered over for inspection of paperwork and general order. Anders affirmed the car was authorized to drive with that speed.
The flying taxi operates by ‘hovering’ over a water surface to move from one place to another. The taxi can fit four persons, and the Seabubbles CEO declares it as “the James Bond Car for everybody.”
Wait… There is more.
Sea bubbles plans on using this flying taxi to reduce road traffic, by using rivers, lakes and other waterways in urban areas. The vehicle will also move at normal car speed with no environmental impact or damage to infrastructures.
The startup hopes to introduce its vehicle to Paris in 2020, as well as cities in Holland and the US. Users should also be able to order them in the same way as Uber or other ride-hailing services.
20 to 40 vehicles will be introduced in each city and its usage depends on the needs of the operator. It can be used either as a public water taxi or a tourist vehicle.
Sea bubbles are not the only company thinking in this direction. A major player in the taxi industry, Uber plans on developing this Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) through its Elevate initiative. The flying taxi concepts are also in testing by Lilium and Aeromobil.
Not everyone agrees to the idea of vehicles flying above the grounds or over our heads.
Elon Musk believes this method of transport poses a threat to people on the ground.
“There will be zillions of these things flying all over the place and, inevitably, somebody’s not going to service their car properly and they’re going to drop a hubcap and it’s going to guillotine somebody,” Musk said at an event last year.
This could be true especially when a self-driving Uber car crashed into a woman riding her bike across the road in the USA.
Despite the pessimism of the SpaceX CEO, The flying taxi is a dream worth waiting for.
The evolution is now!!
- Just think of me as a passionate fan of technology and tech innovation aficionado, yea - a Media Project Manager with an eye on becoming something really big in the e-commerce industry! I am open to partnerships, business ideas, and international collaborations with like-minded veterans.
- MiddleEast2020.05.16Video: UAE New Coronavirus COVID-19 Treatment! How Potent Is UAE Stem Cell Centre Newly Developed Cure?
- Eldorado's Nuggets2020.05.1627 Jamaican Slangs You Will Love to Try When On Vacation to Jam & Africa
- Entertainment2020.05.13Anderson Cooper Instagram Announces Birth of His Son & Urges FANS to cheer up
- Social Media Humour2020.05.137 Crazy Ways Names, Spelling & Slangs People Use to Refer Donut – You Won’t Believe – Let’s Learn & Laugh.